Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Why I am Leaving my Job as a Physiotherapist and My Future Plans

 As I write this I'm filled with all kinds of emotions especially after spending the day treating clients for which will be my last time. I was overwhelmed today with all those that expressed just how much they appreciated my help. I never realized the impact I was making on peoples lives. It was only made clearer today ironically as I started to say my good byes. I really put my heart and love into every person. And today it was affirmed to me with comments like "you have the gift of God's hands and you really care for your clients."  You can have a job but when you put your heart and love into what your doing it can have incredible benefits especially for people who are in need of healing. It's affirming to know that my clients felt my love and that I cared. I can't even put into words how rewarding my job has been. I also learned  that the one thing people wanted the most was someone who just listened to them. They needed someone who heard them. And I gave them that. I listened with attention and intention.

So why am I leaving? For many years I've felt like I've been living separate lives. Physiotherapy as a profession is one that is very much needed and one that I truly believe in. But limitations in the word physical left me often feeling frustrated. As my awareness of my own spirituality grew I realized more and more that healing cannot be just a physical process. If we are a spiritual being having a human experience then there can never be a separation between ones spiritual and material life. In fact our spirit is that all knowing aspect of who we are and it connects us to our deepest truth. It connects us to the source of all. Having said that I've learned now that by tapping into this source is the ultimate journey and directs us to complete healing. Healing that serves us fully and all levels. Mind, body and spirit. For this reason alone I could not continue to be of service in a modality alone that serves the body only. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm not discrediting physiotherapy. But I do see where it has its limitations.

This has left me to diverge into creating a new practise. The practise of Spiritual Personal Training. As this is a career path that I am creating it is also one that will always evolve as I evolve. What I know for sure at this time is that it offers the potential to be of service to people to help them connect to their spirit and ultimately the divine. It offers people to heal by going to where the source of an issue lies. It opens up people to the unlimited potential of connecting to the Divine as well as the Angelic Realm. The Angels are here as direct messengers of God and to assist us in every aspect of our lives. This is our divine right. By using all the tools I have acquired I can now fully service people in a way that is in alignment with all my beliefs. This feels more right. This will allow me to fulfil my purpose. I realize that this is the next phase in my life and my assignment on earth. And every experience, opportunity and all my education has come together to step into the shoes to serve God as a Spiritual Personal Trainer. And I have never been more happier.

Everyone that knows me is well aware that exercise and physical activity is a huge part of my life. It has had tremendous impacts on my life and allowed me to share the benefits with people all over the world. As a Reebok Master Trainer, International fitness presenter and part of a workout show "In Shape With Sharon Mann" I've been able to reach masses of people all over the world. My fitness career at one time served again as another career that had a separate life. It only makes sense now that at this point all my passions and modalities come together to be of service with a higher purpose demonstrating my highest vision for myself and others. As such my new career will also include fitness as a key facet to the products and services I am offering.


What does my new career look like? Every aspect of our life is just as much spiritual as it is physical. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience and as such our physical process in our lives is always connected with our spirit. There is no separation. Our spirit is all knowing.  It’s at the core of our being and has the inner wisdom, knowledge and answers to all our questions, life issues and challenges. That is because our spirit is connected to the greater, all knowing and Source of everything. Our bodies are always providing us with information about where our lives require our attention. Disease, unwanted body fat and various life issues that represent roadblocks in our life are simply reminders that we have become disconnected with our spirit. And weight loss is no exception.  Unwanted fat or excess weight is an opportunity to deepen our relationship with ourselves and more importantly with the divine. As a Spiritual Personal Trainer I use the Angelic Realm to guide you into the conscious awareness of where love has been replaced with fear in order to reconnect the channels between body and spirit and ultimately the divine. Once this channel has been awakened the deeper lessons of what the fat is representing in one’s life is learned and then can be successfully transformed so that each cell in the body is made healthy. The result is a body that was perhaps a dream is now a reality as a result of a healing response and conscious attention to allow true love into their life.
Currently I have several programs I'm developing that blend spirituality with fitness. These programs will all be revealed in due time. I'm excited and anxious to share all this with the world. I've never been more excited about any other fitness program.

What does the future hold? This answer lies in the hands of God. I firmly believe that as I surrender into this process with complete faith it will be revealed. As I look into the past it is clear to me that there is a golden thread that has linked and pulled me forward to where I am today. I had no idea that when I got my first job at the YMCA as a switch board operator  it would lead to a career in fitness that landed a contract with Reebok. I never imagined I'd be travelling all over the world speaking at some of the world's largest fitness conventions. I never imagined I'd end up on a successful television show "In Shape with Sharon Mann." Who would've thought that when I won a public speaking contest in grade six that I'd someday take that experience with me when speaking at all those conventions. I never knew that when I started working at the Fitness Institute as a physiotherapist that I would be working with Olympians and world class athletes. All this and more has led me to where I am today. And this same golden thread continues to lead me forward. This golden thread can only be the Divine at work in my life.
I've taken many risks in my life. But this seems like the largest. But it has to be big. It has to be scary. It has to make me nervous. Isn't that how big dreams come true?


6 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best ....you truly do inspire others....looking forward to many wonderful messages from you and learning opportunities. Nashina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nashina! I will definitely keep sharing with all!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Nashina! Appreciate the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Very well said. As humans, we easily recognize our physical flaws and often obsess about them and assume the solution is linked to obtaining something material or a physical "quick fix". If only we were as quick to recognize our spiritual flaws and understand how they can manifest in a physical manner. Perhaps it's the universe's way of communicating with us to give us a message that something isn't right. Why do most people miss this connection? It's the core of why we're here and who we are. I'm happy to see you recognize the need to help people make this connection. You certainly have a gift and you're serving the hands of God.
    Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fahrin! I hope many others see it that way too! Angel Blessings!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful. You are an inspiration to so many. I am looking forward to your journey and hope to be an angelic part of it. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete