Translate

Monday, June 25, 2012

Fat Loss: A physical process or really a healing journey?

When approaching a weight loss program most of us would consider the notion and application that a healthy diet and exercise are the key elements to losing weight. I can't argue with that after all, I have applied these principles on my own body. However, my journey has thought me one key factor that has allowed me to succeed at keeping the weight off. Fat represents an aspect of our lives that needs healing and without this healing there can be no weight loss. Not permanent weight loss.

The fat on your body has a purpose. I never thought I'd say this considering my background in the fitness industry. After teaching fitness classes, presenting at fitness conferences all over the world, appearing on a successful workout show and reading and writing a multitude of articles I have finally learned the following:

1. Why I had fat on my body?
2. What purpose it served?
3. How to finally lose it. Permanently.

Now you may be thinking that all those years I was leading you astray. But I can only offer you what I know with where I am with the knowledge I have at that time. And in  the last few years I have taken the time to go within my body and see what inner work was required for me to finally heal, yes 'heal' myself. The fat loss is only the by product from this healing.

To understand why you have fat on your body you need to know that your physical make up is the consequence of your emotional biology. That is your thoughts and emotions. Emotions that come from trauma have a negative consequence on our bodies when they are not managed properly. The problem is that some of these traumas can occur when we are at a very young age. Our consciousness at that age is not developed enough to have the awareness that we have suffered a trauma and that it requires our attention.
Lets add to the equation that when we are young we start to develop our belief systems about ourselves, the world, our relationships and even about fat. If when we are young we see someone close to us make an impression on us about fat then we are likely to be programed to believe a particular belief system about fat.  Lets say one day dad points to his big fat belly and says "son the key to a happy man is to make sure he's well fed." Wham! Right away we are programed to think that having a fat belly is a sign of happiness. However, as we get older and  see the covers of Men's Health we start to desire a models body. But the earlier programming which took place at the early age is already wired into our subconscious and so deep that we don't even know that it exists. Now let's combine this with a trauma that took place around the time that we we're being programed. Most often times this is an emotional trauma. The result my friends is body that is in conflict with what one desires and deep rooted program along with trauma that prevents us from getting there.

This may all sound very complex but believe me when I say that the journey in this process is all about the benefits of healing. The healing is the key to finally liberating ourselves of unwanted fears, illusions and false beliefs. I'm very lucky that I was able to find someone who took me through a regression back to my childhood where all the memories of traumas and unwanted programming took place. What I learned completely floored me. I didn't even know that I could recall these events. The results were profound. The most important aspect was that I was able come to a place where I found healing. Healing that I didn't even know I needed.

If you're having trouble losing weight. If you find that you have tried many diets or exercise programs without success then my best advice to you is to shift your focus on your approach. You must ask your body and yourself what is it that you need healing from? Insightful meditation or perhaps a good regression therapist will be the key to unlock and heal the traumas that are keeping you from flat stomach and the body of your dreams!

Every day is a Miracle
Angel Blessings to ALL

1 comment:

  1. This is an approach that I've thought about only recently. Usually we have something, some monkey on our back that keeps us from obtaining optimal success in areas of our lives. I think Farhan, that you have discovered something very valuable...thank you.

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete