Translate

Thursday, September 17, 2015

You're Sunset is Someone Else's Sunrise

My favourite part of the beach on a hot summer day is watching the sunset. I'll sit there and stare off into the distance watching the sun get smaller fading off into the horizon. I love the way a clear blue sky turns into a multitude of colours  And then there is the period when the beach becomes still and calm as everyone stops what their doing to watch the beauty of the sunset. Though I've seen many sunsets over the years this particular September evening I had a bit of an aha moment. As I was lost staring into the sunset I realized something for the very first time. Everyone in the world has one sun.  In that moment my experience was a sun set but for someone else on the other side of the world that sun was in fact rising. We may all be looking at the same sun but each of us are having our very own experiences.


As the week went on I couldn't help but think more deeper into my sunset experience. I realize how different a perspective people can have when looking at the same thing. And not just  sunsets but with everything! Each of our perceptions are individual and personal. We can only relate to things from our perspective but from now on I'll always be open to the idea that someone could have a different one.

I was at a funeral this week for a close friends father. Having lost my own father recently I could relate to all the emotions my friend and her family were feeling.  When I left the service  I starred into the bright sun and it reminded me of the sunset I saw just a few days ago. It seemed like the loss of our fathers was an ending  much like the sun set. But for our dads their lives were more like a 'sun rise' and their transition was really a new beginning.







The cyclical nature of the sun is very reassuring to always have faith and trust. No matter what is happening in your life, no matter how good or bad you can always count on another sunrise after every sunset. The sun will always come back. And like in life as one door closes a new one opens.  Lastly there is a general flow in life. Everything including the sun is always in motion. There really are no real endings. Just transitions and transformations. Staying in the flow begins with feeling gratitude, accepting that change is a part of life and being present in the moment because the future is always uncertain. But despite uncertainties to know that everything is always in divine order.

All is and always will be well. 


Angel Blessings To All



No comments:

Post a Comment